Monday, July 26, 2010

Organization for the teacher

I use one of those pocket chart organization stations like this.

I organize all my stuff using this and I keep my desk completely clear except for a spiral bound notebook that I keep a running to do list written on along with my grade book. I use the planning pages in the back as a calendar and write down important due dates and stuff on there. On my to do list I jot down the date I completed something next to it.

I keep that organizer behind my desk labeled with the following things for papers: memos, turn in, to do, and to file.

My in boxes are not on my desk and students know from the first day to never ever put anything on my desk. If they do, I give it back to them and tell them to find the right place.

My lessons are in a large binder that sits on the corner of my desk. I type and print my lessons and put them in there every week. As I see a change needs to be made I write in the lesson with a red pen. The beauty of using a brightly colored binder is when I have to be out administration or a sub can find my lessons quickly.

No comments:

Post a Comment