Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Laminator Review!!!


     I am so excited! And I can not hide it! My scotch thermal laminator T901 arrived today with the pouches. I just could not wait and had to laminate something as soon as I could get a few moments to myself without my littles running around. I can't risk little fingers and a hot laminator. As soon as nap time rolled around I was one laminating queen! One thing turned into 30 things very quickly. It came with an instruction manual, two pouches, and a feeder tray. It was really easy to set up and heated up quickly. Mine heated up and had the green light on it in about seven minutes. Most reviews state it takes about ten minutes.

 Overall, I was pretty skeptical. How could this thing beat the FREE lamination I can get at school? Well, folks I have to tell you that it does. Big time. That school lamination is thin and flimsy compared to this. And if your school is anything like mine, that machine is well loved and there is always a line of teachers buzzing around it during pre-planning. I am so impressed with the thickness of the film and how well it seals on the edges. It leaves a very thin border around an 8.5 by 11 paper. If you glue things together and then put them in the pouches it handles that very well too! It rolls nice and smooth like butter but has a reverse on it in case of a jam. There are two thickness levels on it. One for copy paper at 3 ml and one is meant for card stock and other thicker items (5 ml). It does get pretty hot after an hour or so. Therefore, I would not recommend marathon lamination sessions. It also smells like burning plastic while you are working with it.

 Also, once it gets too hot it is best just to shut it off and not do any more until it has had a break. I was a little nervous that this was going to take up a lot of space but it actually takes up less space than most printers. It takes up less space than my cheapo little personal printer that I use for my classroom. It doesn't matter if you do not fill up the pouch. I thought that I had to fill the pouch and tested it out with a smaller item that still laminated perfectly. It really does look very nice and professional as if I paid for it to be done somewhere. I took a picture of the lamination so you can see what a nice job it does. Please ignore my old beat up leather chair.


Why did I wait so long to get one of these amazing contraptions? If you are thinking about it, stop. Just do it. You won't be sorry! If you are looking for a good deal on one of these amazon has them at a great price. I have also heard that you can score the machine at Walmart. However, the pouches are the cheapest at Amazon. Oh, and in case you are wondering, I was not paid by anyone to do this review! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment