Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Class Dojo Review


Last school year I started using this fabulous free website to help my student see and understand their behavior. The price was right! http://www.classdojo.com/ It took some time to get all of it set up but the investment was worth it. What resulted was a quick and easy way to communicate with parents and I saw a drastic improvement in student behavior. Parents really loved that they could see in real time how their children did that day if they wanted. I tried to really emphasize the positive and rewarded points to students for doing the right thing. At the end of the month my team held a "dojo party." We created a tiered rewards system so that the students would get small prizes, coupons, and certificates for their earnings. One of the rewards was the code to be able to customize their little monster. They loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I'm your newest follower! I also teach 5th grade math. I've heard good things about Class Dojo, maybe it's time I checked it out!

    Liz
    Floating Through Fifth

    ReplyDelete